Looking for real-world reviews on 205/55R16 all-season tires. What are your favorites?

• Author

Hey everyone, I’m in need of new tires for my car and I’ve been looking at 205/55R16 all-season options. There’s a dizzying array of choices out there and I’m a bit overwhelmed. I’m not really a car expert, so I’d love to hear from those who have firsthand experience.

I’ve been doing some research and brands like Michelin, Bridgestone, and Continental keep coming up. But, you know, real-world performance can differ from what the manufacturers claim. So I’m curious, what have you all found to be reliable and long-lasting? Handling in wet conditions and snow is pretty important to me, as I live in an area with unpredictable weather.

I’ve read a few reviews online, but there’s nothing like hearing from actual users. I’d love to hear your recommendations and why you think they stand out. Thanks in advance for helping me make a more informed decision!

alex
    October 22, 2023 at 11:14 am #746

I’ve had good experiences with Michelin for long-lasting quality and wet conditions. Friends tell me Bridgestone is also solid for wet roads. Continental is supposed to be comfy and quiet.

tenford
    October 22, 2023 at 11:18 am #747

Absolutely, I totally get where you’re coming from. I was in the same boat last year and spent a lot of time researching before I made my decision. I finally went with Michelin Primacy MXM4s, and they’ve been great in terms of both wet and dry handling. Haven’t had a chance to test them in the snow yet, but reviews are promising. I know tires can be a significant investment, so it’s important to choose wisely.

Here are 7 all-season tires in the 205/55R16 size that I’d recommend considering:

Michelin Primacy MXM4
    Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack
    Continental PureContact LS
    Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
    Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady
    Yokohama AVID Ascend GT
    Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring

Reply To:

Looking for real-world reviews on 205/55R16 all-season tires. What are your favorites?

Your information: